If you’d like to donate your time and energy in any of the following ways, we would be so grateful!
- Every dollar helps. Click here to donate, or call 725-1461.
Volunteers, Committee Members, Organizers, Board Members
- Help with hospitality-these individuals work within a team to provide refreshments for events. This can include contacting potential bakers, preparing baked goods and other snacks, donating beverages, attending the event to help set up and/or clean up afterwards. (The frequency of events peaks in July & August.)
- Help with special events, including our annual book & bake sale, election day bake sale, community breakfasts, ice cream social
- Bakers & cooks! We often need refreshments for programs & breakfasts. We’re okay with store-bought items, too!
- Book covering, dusting, organizing, weeding and raking.
- Circulation desk coverage on Saturdays from 1-3 pm.
- Ideas for summer children’s programming.
- Presenters for special adult programs — share your special talent, knowledge and skills with the community!
- New board members-let us know if you have an interest in serving on our board. We will interview you to explore how your skills and interests match the needs of the library.
Facilities & Misc.
- Volunteers to serve on the facilities committee: these individuals would be involved as needed with grounds maintenance, HVAC systems and other short-term and long-term projects pertaining to the building.
- Mowing the lawn on a regular basis (Currently, the library pays for this service)
- Raking leaves and fall clean-up (Currently, the library pays for this service)
- Snow removal on porch and walk-ways (Currently, the library pays for this service)
- Washing windows twice per year (spring and fall)
- New area rug for children’s room
- Toaster for kitchen
- Outdoor seating for the summer time
- Corn Hole Game
- Bubble Machine
- Healthy prepackaged small snacks for children’s programming
- Paper products such as toilet tissue, Kleenex, paper towels, paper cups, napkins and small plates, kitchen-size trash bags
- A volunteer to take recycling to the Harpswell landfill twice per month
- We accept books, newer audio books and DVDs in GOOD condition. We also accept board games and jig-saw puzzles in EXCELLENT condition with ALL the parts and pieces.
- We do not accept magazines, reference books, or books that have been written in or damaged.
Both monetary gifts and donated items are tax deductible with a gift or monetary receipt for charitable giving. These are available upon request by the donor.